Your true desires are often carried out by impulses, which don’t think of the big picture. Acting in this way lands you in hot water, and then scars you because you’re afraid to take another leap. So, what do we do to take careful steps around achieving what our shadow self wants the most for us? See the examples below on how to achieve balance.
- The desire: To have a path of clear communication and understanding in your family.
- The impulse: To snap at a family member when you don’t think they understand you
- Why that doesn’t work: Fighting a misunderstanding with a lack of compassion of your own is counter-productive.
- The solution: When you’re sensing an escalation of sorts, try to understand from their side by asking questions. Approach the situation in a well rounded manner, and ask that they do the same for you. Set boundaries around what you will allow into your life, cut a conversation short if nothing is being achieved, then revisit later.
- The desire: To make more money, get a promotion, and flourish in your position.
- The impulse: To take any and all extra work to prove that you can get it all done.
- Why that doesn’t work: Overloading yourself will almost always mean that you are spreading yourself too thin. You work will not be as thorough as if you only took on what you could actually handle, and you run the risk of burning out.
- The solution: Only accept what you can physically handle. Knowing your limits commands respect, and so does quality work.
- The desire: To have a happy and healthy relationship.
- The impulse: To choose the first person who pays attention to you.
- Why that doesn’t work: An ideal mate is not just anyone. You have to consult a careful observation before jumping into something serious.
- The solution: Create a list of values your mate must have and do not make excuses. If loyalty is a value, don’t make excuses for him texting another girl, just because he’s also texting you. These values are non-negotiable. This approach takes time, and you deserve to be with someone who not only respects you, but is who you truly desire.
These examples are obviously not one-size-fits-all, but they are good jumping off points to consider when we act impulsively. It is hard to be patient, but that is essential for us to live our ideal life. Patience and discipline will lead to a high reward from the universe. Channel the desires of your shadow self in a healthy way, and stay witchy ( *)