Featuring an Oracle Card from the deck I’m working on (very slowly) with @tamalgoth! Samhain, as most of you here know, is the Pagan New Year. It is a time for reflection and intention setting, with the veil of the living and the dead at it’s thinnest. I was in Montreal, the most haunted town in Canada, for this Halloween/ Samhain, and didn’t get much time to reflect until the plane ride home yesterday.
This year has been a lot of learning and boundary setting. Strengthening my boundaries and respect for myself has helped me to grow and learn further. It has helped me to empower myself in ways I couldn’t imagine. And it has also helped me to let go of things that don’t serve me, even if they are emotions in a situation that I cannot change.
Whether it was dating and realizing more of what I need in a man, or switching up side hustles and realizing what is truly important for something that just fills my pockets, there have been a lot of lessons, some down times, some upward bumps, and mainly self reflection and independence.
So, if you haven’t already, I invite you to do some reflections yourself. Start with October 2016, and make a list of each month leading up to this past Samhain. Write a short summary of what happened in each month, and next to it write the lesson.
Did you achieve something? Lose something? Have a rough time? Take a respite? Find the highlights through each month and look for the over arching message within it. If you’re having trouble, you can even pull a card on the message of the month 😉
When we take full inventory of our year, it helps to show us how much we’ve actually grown. We all tend to take for granted our achievements and growth spurts, so take some time for yourself to reflect before setting new intentions for the year to come. Stay grateful, and stay witchy ( *)
Tomorrow is a day for celebration. It’s the Pagan New Year, and just an all out fun ass day!
Halloween has been my favorite holiday since I was a child. With my birthday on the 29th, dressing up, and free candy, it’s hard not to absolutely adore!
Things to remember/ ways to celebrate Samhain:
- Take a moment to remember the deceased in your family. The air between the dead and the living is thinnest on this day, so meditate and try to connect with those you love and miss.
- Gather Autumnal findings and create an alter dedicated to this gorgeous day!
- Use divination (tarot, pendulums, runes, etc.) for guidance on the year to come.
- Reflect on the past year and celebrate yourself for progress. Even if the year way tough, you made it through! So celebrate 🙂
- Dress up and get wicked!
- Watch scary movies, or one’s about witches. The Craft is my personal favorite 🙂
However you choose to celebrate, do it safely and with intention. I adore you all, Happy Halloween, and stay witchy ( *)
Practicing intentional symbolic action takes place all over the world at any given time and creates a directed energy that is palpable. Think of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. That’s a ritual that Americans practice every year and you can actually feel the vibrations coursing through the stadium, and even the living room you’re watching in with a chicken wing in hand. Ritual work is incredibly moving, literally anyone can do it, and utilizing the power of Full and New Moons magnifies the strength of the energy.
But why is it so powerful? What makes this kind of practice work?
- Setting a directed intention:
- When you focus on something, you give it power. And ritual work is no exception. The moon cycle is a great time to set and harvest intentions, and when you really want to achieve or heal something, this is a sacred time and space to be able to do so. All of the thought and energy you pour into what you truly desire will be amplified by this magical work. This is why it feels so great to act it out!
- Whether you’re using a crystal, the flame of the candle, or simply sitting still, incorporating meditation into ritual work helps to open the third eye and allows us to receive messages. It clears space in our head away from the chaos and allows a mystical energy to flow through. Envisioning yourself lighter or enveloped by a color or aura helps to open certain chakras and foster alignment.
- Gathering things that represent the fruition of your intention gives it power as well. If you seek to be more grounded, collecting stones and things of the earth help to place that idea in the forefront. It makes it tangible.
- Like many witches, I use journaling in my rituals. Coming into a meditative state and free flowing words with which I hold in my subconscious helps to bring them to light. The act of physically writing down my dreams and intentions helps to purposefully put them out into the universe. And as far as manifestation goes, it really works.
These are elements that I use in all of my rituals, and I have gotten rave reviews from every client that has used them. The rewards received from completing a ritual have been an incredible uplifting feeling, clarity, mindfulness, grounding energy, alignment and more. Usually they cost 50$ per ritual, but right now I have a subscription package that costs 1$ per ritual for an entire year. That is a one time payment of 24$ to have a Full and New Moon ritual right in your inbox 1-2 days before each cycle. That is so much value for the price of a couple of Starbucks coffees.
Grab it here, get your ritual on, and stay witchy ( *)